- The Linguistics Guide leads teachers through a series of decoding, spelling, and sound/symbol organization that helps students develop an understanding of the seven syllables of language.
- Each unit of study directly teaches a specific skill embedded in polysyllabic vocabulary.
- Helps to build a strong understanding of dictionary skills.
- Includes a section on the history of written language.
- Linguistics Reading Collection helps students transfer skills to both narrative and expository text.
- Linguistics Guide bridges to the Intermediate/Secondary Spelling Guide, which extends sound/symbol knowledge, grapheme origin, and enriched vocabulary.
- Guide contains reproducible student sheets pursuant to limited license/permission to copy.
Linguistics Reading Collection CD-ROM:
- Over 250 reading selections
- Each selection supports a specific Phonics skill
- Includes both narrative and informational text selections
- CD-ROM for printing and Smart Board use